QuickBooks is a high-end application for business needs enabling the users to do payrolls, accept payment using point-of-sales, etc. It flaunts a user-friendly interface. It is mainly aimed at small and medium-scale businesses. Users have witnessed troubles in the form of errors while operating QuickBooks which refrains the application to be used for performing daily tasks. “QuickBooks Error Code 80029C4A” pops up when a user attempts opening QuickBooks Desktop and clicks ‘OK’ on a previously occurring error with a dialog box saying, ‘Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying QuickBooks to run with company file “ ”.’ It could primarily show up on the screen due to a corrupt Windows registry. Many causes which trigger the error & its various preventive measures could be accessed in the subsequent topics of the blog.
On the other hand, the error code “QuickBooks Error Code 80029C4A” ends up on the user’s PC usually. It can rather be fixed using appropriate preventive methods mentioned in the post. Notwithstanding, if you have a hard time troubleshooting yourself, call on the toll-free number 855-856-0042 for a bit of better advice.
related article | QuickBooks has stopped working
Grounds on which error “QuickBooks Error Code 80029C4A” occurs
There are several reasons as to why the above-mentioned error occurs on the user’s screen, you can read below for more-
- An insufficiently functioning or severely impaired Windows Registry.
- Improperly installed or partially QuickBooks.
- The Company file contains data that is damaged or has serious issues.
- A security application in the PC such as an antivirus or firewall is causing a QuickBooks program to halt working.
Solutions to instantly fix the “QuickBooks Error Code 80029C4A” error
Solution-1: Reopen all services in QuickBooks and dynamic link files (DLL) in the Reboot.bat file
- Go to the desktop, and right-click ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ for the drop-down menu. Choose ‘Properties’.
- Click ‘Open File Location’ to find the ‘Reboot.bat’ file.
- Navigate to the file then right-click on ‘Reboot.bat’, select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- The Command Prompt window appears for a few seconds applying changes to the file.
- Reboot PC. Retry opening QuickBooks.
Solution-2: Diagnose using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to repair any malfunctioning installation files
- Go to ‘Add or Remove Programs/Programs and Features’.
- Locate ‘QuickBooks Desktop’. Right-click to ‘Uninstall’.
- Reinstall using the information required such as license key, etc.
- Right-click ‘QuickBooks’, choose ‘Run as Administrator’.
- From the ‘No Company Open’ window, click ‘Help’. Choose ‘Update’.
- Go to ‘Options’. Check ‘Mark All’. Choose ‘Save’.
- Confirm update by selecting ‘Update Now’.
- Tick Mark ‘Reset Update’, choose which updates to erase.
- Let the Update begin. When prompted, run the update installation process.
- Reboot PC.
If none of the above works, try reinstalling QuickBooks using Selective Startup Mode.
We have concluded the blog. We believe that in our post about the error code “QuickBooks Error Code 80029C4A” we were able to convey the best information to our users along with the preventive methods that will empower our users to counter the error. We hope that all the queries regarding the error were fulfilled. Notwithstanding, if you have additional relevant queries, call on the toll-free number 855-856-0042 for a better bit of advice.