Users of the Sage accounting software might see the message “Error loading current company file” on the screen of their system. The specific error indicates that Sage 50 is no longer functioning. This could also indicate that your system is unable to open the company files, or that a server update has removed the company file. The end-users need to know what caused the Sage 50 error when loading the current company file before troubleshooting it.
Let’s discuss the various reasons why Sage 50’s accounting error when loading the current company file occurred.
Troubleshooting the Sage 50 error will be easier if you can identify its causes.
Sage 50 Error Loading Company File It will be easier for you to take the correct steps to fix the error once you know what caused it:
- When you attempt to automatically open an invalid company file, a Sage 50 error loading the current company file occurs.
- When you attempt to start the system prior to installing an update, the error occurs.
- When the service release is not installed on all systems, a Sage error may occur.
- If the backup that was restored on the PC is not compatible with the release, you might encounter an error.
- On all PCs in a network, the build or release is different.
- Error: “Cannot open the company file. A required data file is missing in sage 50” when opening a data file or restoring from backup.
How to Fix Sage 50 Accounting Error Loading Current Company File
Before attempting the error-fixing procedures, it is recommended that you first create a backup of your files. The following approaches will assist you in resolving the Sage 50 accounting loading current company file issue:
1st Method: The Sage 50 software must first be closed before the update can be installed on the server.
- You must then look through the updates folder.
- After that, you need to select the most recent program update.
- To install the update, you must now follow the instructions.
- Reboot your computer.
- The Sage 50 application must be launched on the PC.
- Last but not least, you must select the Help option. To check if the update is installed, select About Sage 50 Accounting.
2nd Method: Start the Splash Screen:
- To get started, select properties by right-clicking on the Sage 50 icon.
- After that, you need to highlight the target line and press CTRL+C to close the properties window.
- Now, press and hold the Windows + R key to open the RUN window.
- The line you copied needs to be pasted in the Run window.
- Space must be added, and ABC must be written at the end.
- Click OK next.
- Now, the splash screen will appear when Sage opens.
- On the splash screen, you need to open the company data file.
- You need to check for updates if the error persists when opening the file.
- You must select the services option to view the updates. Download it and install it on your system using this.
- Follow the next method’s steps if the error persists.
3rd Method: Making a Backup:
Before you can restore it, you need to make a backup with the right file name.
4th Method: Files with Damaged Data in the Company Data Folder:
- First, you need to select a file, open it, and write down where your company file is.
- You must now close the application.
- After that, you need to press Windows + E, and then you need to go to the directory.
- These files must be removed from your system:
- DAT temp files,
- DDF files,
- DAT ptl files,
- LCK files,
- PTL files,
- MKD files,
- RPT files,
- PTR files
- Dat (if available)
- DAT (if available)
- Finally, you need to open your company file to see if the error persists.
I hope this blog has informed you of the potential causes of the Sage 50 error loading the current company file. The blog provides clear instructions on how to correct the error. You can fix the error by going through them.
Call the Sage 50 Toll-Free Support Number if the problem with loading the current company file persists.