QuickBooks gives you the benefit of paying your employees through direct deposits and if you want to know how to activate and use QuickBooks direct deposit you are on the right page.
Today in this blog you will get to know how to use and activate QuickBooks Direct Deposit accounts.
First, let me tell you about the QuickBooks Direct Deposit.
QuickBooks Direct Deposit account helps you to clear your payments to your employees without any trouble writing cheques.
Want to know how to activate QuickBooks Direct Deposit?
The first step is to make sure that the direct deposit feature is activated on your QuickBook desktop payroll.
- Opening your employer list: Select employees and select the employees center and you will get an employee list.
- Select your employee’s name: Double click on the employee name to whom you want to send the Direct Deposit.
- Choose the Payroll Information tab: Your next step is to open the payroll information tab.
- Set up Direct Deposit: The Direct Deposit button brings you to the Direct Deposit for the employee’s name you want to send the Direct Deposit to.
- Paycheck into one or more accounts: This gives an option of depositing paycheck into one or more accounts.
- Details of Employee’s Financial Institution: Here you need to put up employees’ furniture institutions like bank name, account number, routing number, and what type of account it is. If you wish to deposit one or more accounts, you need to enter the amount which the employer wishes to deposit to the other account in the Amount to Deposit Field. After this, the amount will be deposited then click okay.
Want to know how to edit and employees Direct Deposit details?
If you want to edit employee bank account information before raising the paycheque, you need to follow the following steps.
Note: If you make the paychecks before any update in the employee’s bank account then it will be automatically deposited with old bank account details.
- Open your Paycheck and select the Paycheck Detail Window.
- Then unmark the used Direct Deposit option on the Paycheck Detail.
- To confirm the changes click save and close the tab.
- Open the paycheck again and select use Direct Deposit option
- After it’s done click save.
Want to know how to remove Direct Deposit Permanently?
If you wish to delete deposits for any employees permanently then you need to follow the following steps.
- From the employee, the center opens the employee list and selects the employee.
- Now double click on the employees’ name, you want to edit.
- Select the payroll information tab.
- Go to the Direct Deposit button and tab on the clear box use Direct Deposit for the employee you want to remove.
What should an employee do to receive Direct Deposit?
They need to follow the following steps:
- Fill the Direct Deposit Authorization Form.
- Get a check from their banks from where they expect the payment
It is possible to make a one-time regular Direct Deposit on QuickBooks?
Yes, you can do a one-time regular Direct Deposit on QuickBooks; you just need to change a direct deposit Paycheck to a regular Paycheck.
Are there any charges for using Direct Deposit on QuickBooks?
Yes, QuickBooks has a nominal fee for the usage of direct deposits.
Do Direct Deposit on QuickBooks has limitations?
Your account does have a restricted limit on the money you wish to send as direct deposits if you wish to increase the compound then I need to request an increase with your bank.
Do you have other payment options through Direct Deposit on QuickBooks?
No, Direct deposits on QuickBooks can only be used to pay employees or contractors.