As per the latest industry analysis by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the global matting agents market is anticipated to reach a valuation of US$ 729.6 million by 2032, expanding at a CAGR of 3.1% over the forecast period (2022-2032).
Matting agents should have the same index of refraction as the substances used in paints for maximum matting performance. Matting agents are occasionally blended with fillers and pigments and then mixed with paints, using equipment such as a pearl mill and a dissolver to boost the matting capabilities.
Soft-touch coatings have seen a spike in use in consumer electronics, automobiles, and packaging as a result of advancements in the coatings sector. As a result, a variety of matting agents are being developed to improve the stain resistance of soft-touch coatings. New matting agents for radiation curing coatings are expected to be introduced into the market.
Increasing adoption of matte-finished products is being witnessed in a variety of applications, including phones, vehicles, furniture, and other electronic devices. Because matte surfaces do not reflect light, they do not have a lot of gloss. To the touch, this finish is velvety and flawless.
Increase in the demand for frictionless pipes from the automotive and transportation industries is driving market growth. Rising construction projects, increased use of matting agents due to their benefits, and growth and expansion of various end-user verticals in emerging nations will all have a direct and beneficial impact on market growth.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Global matting agents market to reach valuation of US$ 729.6 million by 2032.
- Market in North America projected to increase at 2.8% CAGR over forecast period.
- Europe accounts for 28.3% share of global market.
- Demand for industrial coatings expected to rise at 4% CAGR from 2022 to 2032.
· “Increased spending on research & development by major corporations, rising popularity of matte-finished products in various applications, increase in the rate of industrialization, and rising emphasis on technological innovations and modernization in manufacturing techniques are all contributing to market expansion,” says a Fact.MR analyst
Matting agent manufacturers are putting increasing emphasis on developing novel technologies that make product application and performance easier. For optimum efficiency, products with precisely enhanced particle size and pore dispersion have been produced.
Manufacturers have succeeded in creating solutions that not only give a matting effect but also improve other attributes, including scratch and mar resistance.
· Lubrizol introduced new powder coating ingredients. PowderAdd 9553 is a matting agent, while PowderAdd 9566 is a texturizing agent. Because they are custom-made additives for small-batch non-extrusion manufacturing, these products can save powder coating manufacturers’ time and money.
More Valuable Insights on Offer
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global matting agents market, presenting historical demand data (2017-2021) and forecast statistics for the period of 2022-2032.
The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of technology (water-based, solvent-based, powder, and other technologies) and application (industrial coatings, architectural coatings, leather coatings, wood coatings, and other applications), across five major regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and MEA).