The garment industry of India is a trillion industry covering knitwear production and woven-garment production. Role of garment buying house is inevitable in exporting the apparels. Global sourcing of leading fashion brands changing from time to time. Apparel companies have profited more by moving their manufacturing to low-cost countries by outsourcing.
The garment buying office plays a major role in delivering quality products across the borders. Large buyers directly deal with the manufacturers. But small and medium buyers seek buying agents to work for them.
Let us discuss the need for apparel buying house
- Most of the buyers are not aware of choosing the right manufacturers. They depend on the garment buying houses for finding the right manufacturer for their product.
- Manufacturers also have less or no idea about getting orders from foreign countries. So they too depend on buying houses for their business to move to the export level.
- A typical buying house consists of product development facilities, sampling rooms for products, testing equipment, and showrooms. They will work with different brands and buyers at a time.
- Apparel buying houses have several skilled professionals like garment merchandisers, technicians, quality control, and logistics manager.
- The main duty of the garment buying houses is searching the foreign buyers, sampling, and placing the order. Coordinating with the buyer and manufacturer for product quality and delivering the order on time.
- They hold the responsibility to handle fabric preferences, product varieties, color, and cost of the product.
- Buying offices communicate with buyers and manufacturers during the entire process daily.
- Buying office provides great support for both manufacturers and foreign buyers. They are acting as a bridge between the manufacturers and buyers.
Apparel buying house in India plays a critical role in the garment industry. The success of any foreign buyer depends on the choice of the right apparel buying house for his buying. Ashmintex is the leading apparel buying house in India and who sourcing garments across the world.