You should start arranging for a recovery kit before breast reduction surgery. The things that you want to include in a recovery kit are, to an extent, customizable to your preferences, and several women include things in a breast reduction recovery kit as per their preference and comfort.
The major contents of a breast reduction recovery kit
You should add the following contents to a breast reduction recovery kit:
- Lip balm
- Bottled water
- Snacks bottles that are easy to open & eat
- Baby wipes for usage until you are permitted to shower
- The remote of your television
- Your cell phone
- “Bendy” straws for drinking so that you do not have to strain yourself while drinking any fluid.
- You can also pile a few of your favourite books if you are an ardent reader. You should include books that do not require a lot of brain power to read.
- You can fill up your Netflix lists with your favourite shows and movies.
- You should necessarily include your phone’s charger within easy reach.
- Keep track of your post-operative medications by using the calendar on your phone.
Apart from the long list of essentials included in the above list, you should also keep a lot of pillows handy. You can use these pillows for sitting at a 45-degree angle and be more comfortable while sitting upright or lying flat. Sitting in such a position will surely help reduce bruising and swelling during the recovery phase after the breast reduction surgery.